AFTERGLOW CREATIVE's CORONAVIRUS RESPONSE
As the world is navigating through COVID-19, otherwise known as coronavirus, the affects of which are still not fully known and the impact on our communities are still not fully realized. Our hearts go out to those affected, and the Afterglow team and I can't imagine the stress this is causing you and your families so close to your wedding date. While the news is concerning, I wanted to personally reach out to you and let you know what steps we are taking as part of your wedding day team moving forward.
At Afterglow, we believe it is our responsibility to prioritize the health of not only our team members, but also our clients and their friends and family during their wedding events. Through that lens, we are continuing to make decisions while staying on top of current developments while also consulting other wedding professionals and researching best practices for wedding day events.
What Afterglow Creative is Doing For You:
1. Complimentary Livestreaming: For those guests who may not be able to attend the wedding, we are now offering a "Livestreaming service for all of our 2020 couples. When we Livestream a wedding, we setup a single “live” camera to view both the full reception and full ceremony. This link is broadcast live over the internet, via a private link. If you’d like to add this to your wedding package, please let me know and I will take care of that for you.
2. Facebook Group: We have created an "Afterglow Clients" group on Facebook.
Here is the link: Afterglow Clients Facebook Group
We would recommend joining because we will be updating that group page regularly with new information as we get it, along with having the ability to answer questions much faster about developing news. Its also a great place for you to ask questions and get advice on not just things related to coronavirus, but for your wedding day in general. I have made the group public, but if you need me to send you an invite, please let me know.
3. Change in our Wedding Attire: Depending on how everything progresses, in the short term I am allowing my team members the option to wear gloves and/or facemasks during times when we will be in close quarters with people—for instance, the Baraat or Reception dancing.
4. Easy Postponement: For those who are thinking about postponing your wedding—this decision is 100% your choice. The health and well-being of your friends and family should be top priority. We at Afterglow are awaiting a “wait and see” approach for June, July and even August, but currently we see no reason to postpone outside of those months as long as you and your guests take steps to protect yourselves. We offer no fee to postpone. We will work with you on selecting a new date as to assure mutual availability. If you are looking to postpone and your wedding is within the next 30 days, we will ask that you put down at least 50% of your remaining balance, with the total amount due 30 days from your new date. While we offer easy postponement, other wedding vendors and venues may not. Some may ask that you pay some or all of the remaining fees left on their contract, especially if we are inside a closer timeframe.
5. Cancellation: If you do end up deciding to cancel rather than postponing:
Over 90 Days out: For weddings 91+ days out, you may cancel with no additional fees paid. Afterglow Creative would just keep your deposit.
Under 90 Days out: For weddings 90 days and less away, we ask that 100% of remaining balance is paid at time of cancellation.
6. Gift Certificates: While social distancing is in effect, we are offering 30% off our hourly sessions. This includes engagements, bridals, family sessions, maternity, etc. Sessions will be scheduled for a date once social distancing restrictions are lifted.
7: Print Shop: We have opened a "Print Shop" as a side option for those who are interested in some of our travels--Cory has been taking landscape photos over the years of places like Ireland, Jamaica, Hawaii, Florida and more, and has compiled those images into a gorgeous gallery. We'd love for you to purchase some prints for your home!
8: Donate/Tip: While we generally do not ask for donations or tips, we have had quite a few people ask to tip. The wedding industry has come to a complete standstill, and we've been left to pivot to next steps. If you are so inclined and would like to donate or tip, anything is greatly appreciated. Our Venmo name is @afterglowrva.
I want to thank all of you during this time, we do understand how stressful and fluid this situation is, but rest assured that Afterglow’s intent is to remain transparent and helpful in times like these. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have questions, or join the Facebook group to receive answers a little faster.